Prime Minister Narendra Modi today addressed the plenary session of the 48th edition of the World Economic Forum at Davos in Switzerland.Prime Minister Narendra Modi acknowledged with Namaste the loud applause as he was introduced as the keynote speaker at this year’s World Economic Forum’s plenary session at the Swiss mountain resort of Davos. Speaking in Hindi, PM Modi spoke about ease of doing business in India to world leaders and global CEOs. He called upon countries to unite to tackle the three big challenges that the world faces – “climate change, terrorism and a threat to globalisation with powers of protectionism rising.”
* “If you want wellness with wealth, come to India… If you want health and wholeness of life, come to India… If you want prosperity and peace, come to India… You are always welcome, says PM Modi as he sums up his address at the plenary session of World Economic Forum in Davos
* India has taken upon itself to be the first responder whenever our citizens in other countries are in distress: PM Modi
* The recent wave of trade protectionism, in which governments raise barriers to free trade between nations, is “worrisome,” says PM Modi in Davos
* Our Mantra is ‘Reform, Perform And Transform’, says PM Modi
* India has been one of the biggest contributors to UN peacekeeping missions: PM Modi at the World Economic Forum in Davos* We in India are proud of our democracy and diversity. For a society with diverse religions, cultures, languages, attires and cuisines, democracy is not just a political system but a way of living: PM Modi at the World Economic Forum.
* After 30 years (in the year 2014), Indian voters provided complete majority to any political party to form the government at the Centre. We took the resolution for the development of everyone and not just a specific group.The motto of my government is ‘Sabka Saath, Sabka Vikas’, says PM Modi in Davos.
* On globalisation and protectionism, PM Modi says “Everyone talks of an inter-connected world but we have to accept that the sheen of globalisation is fading as many societies & countries are becoming self-centred.”
* “Mahatma Gandhi’s Principle of Trusteeship to use things according to one’s need is important. He was against use of anything for one’s greed. We’re today exploiting nature for our greed. We need to ask ourselves if this is our progress or regression,” says PM Modi at the World Economic Forum.* Terrorism is dangerous, but worse is when people say there is a difference between ‘good’ and ‘bad’ terror. It is painful to see some youngsters getting radicalised: PM Modi
* “Climate change is one of the biggest threat right now… Snow in the Arctic is melting, many islands are sinking or are about to sink,” PM Modi says as he calls mitigating climate change at the World Economic Forum in Davos.
* India has always believed in values of integration and unity. We adhere to the idea of ‘Vasudhaiva Kutumbakam’, which means the entire world is one family. It is relevant to bridge distances: PM Modi.
* Issues of peace, security and stability have emerged as serious global challenges, says PM Modi at WEF.
* This year’s theme at the World Economic Forum is – ‘Creating A Shared Future In A Fractured World’. New powers are changing the balance between Economic & Political strength. This is indicating a change in future of the world: PM Modi
* “Harry Potter was an unheard name, tweeting was done only by birds and Amazon referred to dense forests in 1997,” says Prime Minister Narendra Modi on the changes the world has seen in the past 20 years.